JOIN OUR TEAM
Help us build the future of food
There are no open positions at this time. To stay in the loop on upcoming opportunities, follow us on social media and sign up for our newsletter.
We’re looking for an entry-level food technician to join our team at KitchenTown! This position will support the development of new food and beverage products in our Innovation Lab. The ideal candidate should have a passion for food and the ability to learn and work on different projects at the same time.
Our Innovation Lab is an exciting hub of energy at the center of food innovation. You will get to work on a wide array of projects, learn from the best in the industry, and get an inside look into the world of food startups. We’re looking for a self-starter who is comfortable working independently and is eager to learn and grow.
- Prepare and analyze benchtop prototypes using a variety of methods available in the R&D test kitchen
- Support documentation for nutrition labelling and ingredient specifications
- Coordinate shelf-life testing as needed
- Maintain laboratory supplies, equipment, and ingredients inventory
- Provide customer project support as needed
- Coordinate product cuttings as directed/needed
- Execute projects according to work timelines
- Other duties as assigned
- 0-1 year experience working in food science
- B.S. in food science or related field
- Good laboratory practices including organized data documentation and presentation, attention to detail, and ability to follow batch protocols
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects/tasks at any given time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Genesis a plus
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
KitchenTown is a global innovation platform that helps develop, commercialize and launch, impact-driven and transformational food products. KitchenTown advocates for founders by providing tailored support and the right resources at the right times. At their 20,000 square foot campus in San Mateo (and soon in Berlin, Germany), food startups have access to a commercial scale-up facility, product development lab, brand partnerships program and a thriving community of Makers.
KitchenTown cultivates lasting relationships and dynamic partnerships that strengthen and inspire innovation for the next generation of food startups. KitchenTown’s amazing community of Makers are changing the food system, one startup at a time.
Submit resume and why you think you’d be a good fit for this role to email@example.com with subject line: Food Technician. Thank you!
At this time we are unable to provide relocation services.